The website privacy statement applies to the collection of personal information on PICA's (GrowingNZ) website: www.growingnz.org.nz.
We will not collect personal information when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us.
Information collected and stored automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. Information about your visit automatically collected and stored includes:
- the Internet domain and IP address from which you access our website
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our site
- the date and time you access our site
- the pages you visit, and
- if you visit PICA's website via a link from another website, the address of that website.
We use this information to help us make the site more useful to visitors. We do not track or record information that identifies individuals and their visits.
Personal information we collect
We collect personal details that you specifically enter onto our website. This may include:
- your name
- your email address
We do not collect payment information or credit card details.
How we use your personal information
We collect personal information in order to carry out our activities as the Primary Industry Capability Alliance or GrowingNZ including:
- sending information regarding events, opportunities, benefits of membership, updates, information, surveys and newsletters and the like pertaining to PICA and the food & fibre sector
- providing requested products, services or information
- promoting and market other products and services provided that may be of interest
How we store this personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. We use third-party providers to store our data, including personal information and we ensure that our third-party data processors can meet our privacy and security requirements. All the personal information we hold will be processed and stored in accordance with data protection laws which include but are not limited to the Privacy Act 2020.
Links to other sites
The website has links to many other websites. Once you link to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of the new site. PICA does not have control over the policies or content of websites, which we link to for public convenience.
Notification of privacy breach
In the event of a privacy breach, we will notify the affected people as soon as possible after becoming aware of the breach.
Access and correction
You have the rights under the Privacy Act 2020 to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong.